Alliance Data Systems opens office in Bengaluru, India to hire data and professionals
Alliance Data Systems Corporation is a publicly traded provider of loyalty and marketing services, such as private label credit cards, coalition loyalty programs, and direct marketing, derived from the capture and analysis of transaction-rich data
- Aims to hire people in data analytics, data science, engineering for mobile development and big data, credit management and enterprise risk, and more.
- Hired Vaishnavi Prasad as the Vice President of India operations.
“Bengaluru represents a prime talent market for us, with readily available expertise in competitive technology-focused fields, which will support and expedite our growth trajectory.” – Erick Carter, Alliance Data’s SVP and Chief of Staff.
Like many other companies in the past, Alliance may use this R&D office to hire sales professionals when they decide to tap the Indian market.
“The global data analytics market growing fast and a listed company hiring data analytics professionals in India goes on to show India’s potential for this talent. Bolden helps companies set-up their India operations in a phased, low risk manner. We are the only company focused on technology sector globalization.” – Mohit Garg, Principal, Bolden Ventures
SnapChat, announced opening of its India office in Mumbai in July 2019
The famous chat service from United States, announced opening of its India office in Mumbai in July 2019.
- Aims to have local partnerships and launched a SnapKit partnership with the Indian music streaming apps like JioSaavn and Gaana.com to allow local creators to share and post music content on Snapchat
- It also aims to build an engaged community of creators, users and servicing local advertisers in India
- In July, hosted its first creator summit in Mumbai to engage content creators, attended by almost 80 creators that included Malini Agarwal from MissMalini, TV comedian Gaurav Gera and Nagma Mirajar
- It has already partnered with brands like Pepsi, OnePlus and Cadbury in India
- Also partnered with mega events including Indian Premier League, Lakme Fashion Week and Mood Indigo
- Previously, Snapchat partnered with Electoral Commission of India to create awareness among Indian voters about polling Information.
- Introduced four Indian languages – Hindi, Punjabi, Marathi and Gujarat, and is planning to launch an additional five languages by the end of 2019
Jared Grusd, CEO of Snapchat, said that India is a strategic priority for Snap. “We believe that building a team locally will allow us to create the best possible experience for local Snapchatters. We continue to expand our strategic partnerships with regional media companies add more community content, and work with local content creators.”
In 2017, Snapchat CEO had said that the app won’t focus on “poor countries” like India which had raised a controversy then
Meero opened its India office in Feb 2019
- Leading, AI enabled photo and video production solution that reduces 4 hours of post-production work to a few seconds. France’s newest unicorn, Meero says it now has 31,000 clients in about 100 countries including Just Eat, Expedia, Trivago, and Uber
- Announced opening office in the Silicon Valley of India – Bengaluru
- The recently hired Customer Success Managers in India, develop and maintain relationship with signed partners
“The opening of our offices in India is part of Meero’s globalisation which, after New York and Tokyo, is moving into the whole world. It also makes it possible to reach a large market. Also, this initiative expresses our desire to export our content enhancement technology worldwide.” – Thomas Rebaud, CEO
Pagero started its India operations in Feb 2019
- Pagero an e-invoicing solution provider, opened its office in Mumbai, India
- It aims to support the increasing demand for e-invoicing within the region, with both the public and private sector working to adapt to the changing business landscape
- Before entering the market, the company conducted research for three months using a local and two head office resources
- “Digitalisation and automation do not only help businesses streamline their processes, but also develop full transparency and traceability across their entire buying and selling process. By moving to a digital solution, businesses can gain the data accuracy they need to make better business decisions across their entire operations.” – Viraj Mhatre, Sales Operations, Pagero India & Singapore
New Zealand’s growing e-invoicing start-up Xero can take inspiration from Meero and start its operations in India.
Shiji Group started India sales in May 2019
Origin: Beijing, China
- Shiji Group provides software solutions and services for the hospitality, food service, retail and entertainment industries, ranging from hotel management solutions
- Appointed Arup Banik as the Country Head of Shiji India in Delhi who was with EIH Ltd. owned Oberoi Hotels & Resorts in corporate IT and strategic roles since 2002
“We are honored to attract senior talent like Mr. Arup Banik to join our team. India is a key strategic market for Asia Pacific, which will definitely add new growth points to the international development of Shiji Group.” – Nikkie Randhawa Singh, Managing Director, APAC of Shiji Group
Altassian the listed Australian company that delivers developer tools, also opened a development center in India in August 2019.
Bolden GeoMax offers end-to-end market entry services starting from market assessment, research, recruitment, business plans, budgeting, legal and real estate. We have helped multiple companies in India. Our team is comprised of seasoned consultants and experts from companies like McKinsey & Company, leading law and accounting firms. Check out more details at www.gobolden.com. Or simply drop an email to Mohit Garg at email@example.com to set up a call or request for a brochure.